Cannot change "Booking duration" (at all!—even through rebooking)

Hi Jérémie,

Thanks for taking the time to raise these points on the forum about the duration of bookings.

I know exactly what you mean about the duration drop down being in the wrong place. We’ve a plan to move it to appear alongside the grid of times instead (which should actually present different options based on the chosen duration). Does that sound like a good improvement to you?

One potential workaround : our appointment types feature with types ‘30 minute session’, ‘1 hour session’. That works for some users.

On to rebook/reschedule, taking the two features separately:

For reschedule I can at least see strong arguments why not allowing the duration to change would be desireable (e.g. payment may have been made already, based on the original duration). Right now ‘reschedule’ does just mean ‘change the start time’ and nothing else. There are no plans to change this at the moment, partly because it might be a pandora’s box (should they be able to change all the other things, e.g. appointment type or team member?). But if this situation changes, I can imagine duration being the first candidate for extra control.

For rebook I had to check and was suprised to see that the duration is locked. Since we are now talking about a completely new booking, that doesn’t make any sense and I think this actually counts as a bug report. All the other fields are ediable on the booking form, why not duration? Thanks for reporting this! I will add it to our bug tracking.

Finally, one extra thing to note. Even though your collaborator has no control over the duration of the existing booking, you as the calendar owner can always change this for them. You can do this by manipulating the event direct on your calendar. Just edit the duration there and you should see all the information on the YCBM side falls in line with your change. Any emails we send for example will quote the updated duration/end time.

Thanks,

Keith
CTO, YouCanBookme

1 Like