Parent Teacher Conference Setup

We are holding parent teacher conferences online. How can I connect multiple teacher calendars to the account and allow them to take bookings from parents?

You can find the full directions here: https://support.youcanbook.me/article/529-setting-up-a-parent-teacher-conference-account

Step 1: You need access to each teacher’s calendar.
[In this setup we will reference Google calendar, but you can also follow the same steps if you’re using Outlook.]
Option A: Have each teacher share their calendar with your own Google calendar account at the level “make changes to events.” This will trigger an email to you asking you to accept these calendar permission.
Option B: Create a new calendar for each teacher on your own Google account, and then share that calendar with them.

Setup Option 1: Create a new booking page for each individual teacher
Create a separate link for each teacher so they can have their personalized URL (ie teacher-A.youcanbook.me).

From your Dashboard, click + create new booking profile.

Next click Edit Settings on that profile you’ve created. Under General update the booking page title and booking page link to reflect the teacher you are setting up this page for.

Under Calendar & Teams click edit and link this booking page to the teachers calendar.

Under Times & availability, setup the availability for this teacher. Use Repeating availability and YouCanBook.me will offer up any free time between the set working hours where there are no existing events already on their Google calendar.

You can also set a fixed start and end date if you only want to offer a certain range of days for booking.

Finally under Duration & display, set the grid display and duration of your bookings.

Repeat each step for each teacher you are creating a booking page for.

Setup Option 2: Create a single booking page for your entire school
Use the teams feature to connect each teachers calendar to the same booking page.

On your dashboard, click Create a new booking profile.

Once it’s been created, click Edit settings. On the left you’ll find your settings pages.

Under General, edit the booking page title to reflect your school, and personalize the URL (ie my-school.youcanbook.me)

Under Calendar & teams , toggle teams to On. On the next screen, click the + sign to Add new team member

For each teacher, add their name, email and select their calendar from the dropdown list.

Keep repeating these steps until you have added all of the teachers at your school.

Under Times & availability , setup the availability for your school. Use Repeating availability and YouCanBook.me will offer up any free time between the set working hours where there are no existing events already on their Google calendar.

You can also set a fixed start and end date if you only want to offer a certain range of days for booking.

Finally under Duration & display , set the grid display and duration of your bookings.

You can now share this booking link with all of the parents and they can book with their students teacher. Teachers will be notified of bookings, and the bookings will appear directly on their calendar.