Customization of the "offline" message

Hello!

Right now, you have this new feature that any booking page can be turned “on” or “off”:

People who visit the link are then showed this message:

Hi! While we would love for this booking page to be up and running, right now it’s set to be ‘offline’.

This means it isn’t live.

Account holders - you can change that by a quick hop, step and jump to your Dashboard and switch to ‘online’

It would be great to customize this message. For instance, I might want to say:

Sorry! I am not taking meetings at this time, but if it is urgent you can email me at …

Just as an example.

2 Likes

In the future we will have a way to change messaging and translations within the app. This is the hope at least. All things are subject to change, but we are moving toward more customization options.

1 Like

Great to hear! In other news, I have found it very nice that the error message varies according to the problem, and provides additional information to the owner if logged in:

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 11.00.23 PM

Thanks for the move towards more customization options. Your existing fine-grained customization options are really one of the things I appreciate the most about YCBM. I am a perfectionist, and also I feel a bit bad to be telling people I am so busy that they have to book meetings with me on a website—so having that website look very nice and more importantly very custom, makes the whole thing feel palatable.

I appreciate that YCBM is more virtual assistant and less click-snooze-fest!! :slight_smile:

I’m also interested in this functionality. I had to shut down a booking page early because of a change in approach on a project. However, I’d like to post a message that would be visible to those who follow the link - offering them a way to participate in the updated plan (basically a survey).

We are using YouCanBookMe to schedule time with hospital staff, who are very overwhelmed right now due to the pandemic, and I don’t want to send them another email explaining the change, but rather would like to use the “booking offline” page to communicate this - only to those who follow the link and try to book.

For now, I worked around this by leaving the booking online and setting booking availability to a fixed date range that was in the past and customizing the “booking page intro” message, under the “general” tab. The 220 character limit was a bit difficult to fit within, but I made it work. :wink:

@meng great workaround. I have seen this asked a few times recently. I will get a ticket in to have this looked at. Let us know if you spot any other things you think could be improved. Would a forward after a fixed date be beneficial? Or just the message.

Thank you! I personally wouldn’t have a need for auto forwarding / redirecting. Just customizing the message would be all I’d need for this.

1 Like