Zoom passwords for not in students' calendars

Hello Chris,

I am a faculty using YCBM for my students as well, and will see if I can help.

The password is set by your administration, and stays the same for you? So if I understand correctly, you have customized the calendar event text for yourself to have that Zoom password appear, but it does not seem to appear in the students’ calendar.

You can read here about the different ways YCBM allows you to handle calendar events:
https://support.youcanbook.me/article/265-control-how-events-are-added-to-your-customers-calendar

In particular:

• Either your student is a participant on your calendar event (in which case, you both should see the same event).
  • Or you allow for the student to create their own event (and they may choose not to), by using the “Different event for bookers” mode. In this case, you need to remember to customize their booking event description to also contain the password—and you need to create “Add to calendar” buttons on your thank you page, otherwise the students won’t have an opportunity to add the event to their calendar.

Hope this helps,

… also this is not exactly related, but since you’re using this for teaching like me, you might find this new ability to have several students sign up for the same meeting useful:

Good luck, and welcome to the YCBM community!