Adding shortcodes to the Calendar Event Location

Hi - I’m trying to see if I can get shortcode data to appear in the Calendar Event Location field - I’ve got this set up for the Event Title and Description, but it doesn’t seem to want to play when it comes to the Location. Is this a system limitation, or is there a knack to making shortcodes work in this field?

(On a related note, is there any way to use logic depending on the content of a shortcode? I have a question asked of my bookers, and depending on the answer, I’d like to display different information in the event description, but this doesn’t seem possible, as far as I can tell.)

Hi there! Yes you can add shorthand codes to the calendar event description and the location field. One thing to be aware of is that the shorthand code {LOCATION} is ‘reserved’ for the system so if that is one you are trying, you may need to adjust it a bit so it’s different. More on this page: https://support.youcanbook.me/article/229-control-how-your-bookings-look-in-your-calendar

You can use Conditional Statements to differentiate the text based on an answer. This page has more on that: https://support.youcanbook.me/article/99-make-your-booker-confirmation-email-specific-to-each-booking

I hope that helps!

Thanks Katie - is it possible to use conditional logic when setting the Location?

My use case: I have a booking form question that requires the booker to enter their phone number, and also asks them if they prefer to be contacted by Zoom.

My conditional statement checks whether the booker has clicked the checkbox for the Contact pref question, and if so, display my Zoom room link in the calendar event, and if they haven’t selected the zoom contact preference, display their phone number. I’d like this to be displayed in the Event Location but can conditional logic be used here?

Hi @boyler yes, the conditional logic will work within the Location field for the calendar event. I just tested this and was able to get it to work. If you run into any trouble, let us know.

Hi Ben - yes, I’ve seen that now. I wasn’t seeing anything in my cal events when I had the calendar for those new events sitting on a caldav server. When I changed that cal for new bookings to google, it showed up just fine, so don’t know why that was!

Hey - I’m trying to do the same thing as you (get the address that is given by the booker and put into the address field on Event location) - did you even get this to work as I cant seem to?

Ha, managed to sort it out - you need to add a space after the quick code or the system doesnt accept the quick code as a code, only text

Glad you were able to get it sorted. Thank you for sharing your solution.