New User questions

Hi everyone,

I’m a new user evaluating the system to schedule bookings. So far YCBM looks great!

I’ve run into two questions so far:

1. Not only do clients have to book services (which I’ve set up as Appointment Types) but they can also select optional add-on services as part of the booking process. How do I set that up?

2. Many of my clients are repeat clients, who submit bookings every week. Does YCBM allow them to create an account so they don’t always have to enter their name, email address, phone number, etc. over and over?

Thanks in advance. I haven’t seen the answers to these questions in the support section.

Another question: can the confirmation emails that are sent to clients after a booking contain my logo and come from my email address rather than YCBM?

Hi @LeroySchulz sorry on the delay.

1. You can add more Appointment Types to give folks the option to select more than one option. We do not have a way to up sell or add more services beyond that.
  2. Yes you can create a link to allow them to rebook easier: Info here.
  3. You can use the Shorthand code {LOGO} to pull in your logo, or reference a different image with Markdown ![Image](URLTOIMAGE)
    Sending from a different email
  1. You can add more Appointment Types to give folks the option to select more than one option. We do not have a way to up sell or add more services beyond that.

This is what I need to offer:

• SERVICE A
    • add-on option 1
    • add-on option 2
  • SERVICE B
    • add-on option 2
    • add-on option 3
  • SERVICE C
    • no add-on options

It doesn’t sound like that’s possible?

1. Yes you can create a link to allow them to rebook easier: Info here.

That’s not quite what I need. I have a few hundred repeat customers. It would be logistically unfeasible to have separate links for each of them. What I’m hoping for is a log in system to let them avoid typing in their name, email, phone, etc, for each booking. Please put that on my wish list!

1. You can use the Shorthand code {LOGO} to pull in your logo, or reference a different image with Markdown ![Image](URLTOIMAGE)
    Sending from a different email

Are you saying that will automatically replace the YCBM logo? That part I’m not clear about.

Thank you.

1. Per your example you can setup Appointment Types into groups Service A, Service B and Service C, then add the different add-ons there with different prices and duration. More info here: https://support.youcanbook.me/article/223-appointment-types#group

2. The link you create will automatically update with the booker’s information so you only create the link once then as someone books their information is added so their information is remembered to allow them to book again. They won’t need to type anything, because the link you create will populate with the information you capture from the booking form.

3. The YCBM logo will default on any internal communication. If you adjust the email to go out {EMAIL} then the YCBM logo will not be seen at all. You will need to manually add your logo to emails to the customer, which can be done with those Shorthand codes I mentioned.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I’m just getting back to this.

1. Per your example you can setup Appointment Types into groups Service A, Service B and Service C, then add the different add-ons there with different prices and duration. More info here: https://support.youcanbook.me/article/223-appointment-types#group

Looking back, I should have structured my example to look more like this:

• SERVICE A
    • option 1
    • option 2
    • option 3
    • option 4
    • optional add-on service X to all the SERVICE A options
    • optional add-on service Y to all the SERVICE A options
  • SERVICE B
    • option 5
    • option 6
    • optional add-on service X to all the SERVICE B options
    • optional add-on service Y to all the SERVICE B options
  • SERVICE C
    • no add-on options

I am already using groups to cluster the services I offer. The problem how to allow clients to select optional add-ons that don’t apply to every group.

1. The link you create will automatically update with the booker’s information so you only create the link once then as someone books their information is added so their information is remembered to allow them to book again. They won’t need to type anything, because the link you create will populate with the information you capture from the booking form.

I don’t see how that works when there’s a single “book now” button on my website. If YCBM offered a customer login function that would be brilliant.

1. The YCBM logo will default on any internal communication. If you adjust the email to go out {EMAIL} then the YCBM logo will not be seen at all. You will need to manually add your logo to emails to the customer, which can be done with those Shorthand codes I mentioned.

Ah, the part about the YCBM logo defaulting is what I wasn’t clear about. At this point, is there a simple way for me to be CCed or BCCed every email that is sent by YCBM to my customers? That’s important for me to stay on top of what the experience is like for them.

Thanks.