Timezone for Australia/Perth not working correctly

I’m in Perth, Western Australia and I was adjusting my availability for today. While it was before 10:45 (GMT+8) in Perth, my YouCanBook.me was showing that someone could only book time for 12:45 as the earliest. There were no calendar entries to eliminate any booking periods from 10:45 to 12:45. As I refreshed the page and the clock ticked to 10:45 I found that my next 15 mins, i.e. 12:45 to 13:00 was greyed out.

I believe it is mapping Australia/Perth (which is GMT/UTC+8) to the eastern states of Australia (i.e. Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart) which are GMT+10.

I tried changing to another timezone and then back to Australia/Perth but it made no difference.
Thanks
Peter

PS Choosing Melbourne or Victoria I found that they are also out. For example, Melbourne is now 14:03 (GMT+11 (daylight saving time now)) and the calendar is showing 16:15 as the next available instead of 14:15.

Hi @PeterMartarna, the issue here could be your minimum booking notice. This defaults to 2 hours. Meaning if you visit your page at 10:45, the next available time will be 12:45 same day. Even though you may not have any busy events on your connected calendar.

1 Like

Hi @Ben, Thanks for the information. Yes, that is what has happened. I totally missed that. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like